11/14/12

Kisses from Katie

43.  Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption
by Katie Davis with Beth Clark
Biography
Appropriate for older teens & adults
Read for my Colloquia
My Library


I know my review won't do this book justice.  It is a powerful book, and was a great choice for my Colloquia.  Katie left her life as a popular, financially comfortable, young person just ready to start college, to care for orphans in Uganda.  She tells her story from this unlikely beginning, to the even more unlikely ending ending as a mother adopting thirteen girls.  Though her story is so far removed from the life most of us lead, she shares her joys and struggles in a away that help us to see the potential path of following God's call on our life and giving our whole hearts in love.




Favorite Quotes:

That love is the reason I just keep filling up my little eyedropper, keep filling it up and emptying my ocean one drop at a time.  I'm not here to eliminate poverty, to eradicate disease, to put a stop to people abandoning babies.  I'm just here to love.

Thankfully, God's plans do not seem to be affected much by my own.

The place God calls us to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.


Jesus wrecked my life, shattered it to pieces, and put it back together more beautifully.


We aren't really called to save the world, not even to save one person; Jesus does that.  We are just called to love with abandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment