11/20/12

A Mother's Rule of Life

46.  A Mother's Rule of Life:  How to Bring Order to Your Home and Peace to Your Soul
by Holly Pierlot
Non-Fiction
My Library





Holly weaves her own story into her formula for creating a "rule of life."  She describes a rule of life:
"It consists primarily in the examination of one's vocation and the duties it entails, and the development of a schedule for fulfilling these responsibilities in a consistent and orderly way."  She approaches this task through the lens of the "Five P's" five priorities of the married vocation given her by "a wise old priest."  (Prayer, Person, Partner, Parent, Provider)

I loved the insights into Catholic beliefs, and found Holly's personal stories very engaging.  And I really appreciate her thoughtful approach to examining and designing our lives as women and mothers.  In fact, I think I could use a reread.


No comments:

Post a Comment