2/29/12

The Thief

10.
The Thief
by Megan Whalen Turner
The first in a triology about belief, loyalty, and adventure in the mythical lands of Sounis, Eddis, and Attolia.
Middle-grade (but probably too much work to read for the average 10yo, I'd say 12+ if read alone)
Fiction
Library






My twelve year old read this before me. She is a serious reader, logging more than 25 books since the beginning of the year. She gave this one an 8, on her scale of 1-10. She's a bit stingy with her 9's and heartless with her 10's. But we'd both agree that "The Thief" does move rather slowly, and the reader spends a good deal of the book with a vague sense of confusion. I think it was worth it, and though I'm not planning to reread, I do want to get my hands on the sequel, "The Queen of Attolia." I've heard it's the best of the trilogy. So I'll let you know!

Favorite Quotes:

"To pass time, I concentrated on pleasant memories, laying them out in order and examining them carefully."

"I was discreet, I suppose. Really, I didn't care, and I see now that it amounts to the same thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment